Living by the 3 Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) eases the strains on our ecosystems by reducing our need for new sources of plastic, paper, metals, and other finite resources. It also cuts down on the amount of garbage that ends up in landfills.
During Earth Week 2013, I will:
* Bring my own reusable mug every time I buy coffee/tea on the go
* Watch the STORY OF STUFF
* Reduce paper by arranging for e-billing and statements instead of mailed paper copies.
* Bring my own bags every time I shop-especially since the Eugene Bring Your Bag campaign goes into effect May 1!
* Avoid bottled water/juices/liquids and instead use a reusable mug or thermos
* Start a compost to reduce the amount of trash my household produces
* Think and buy second-hand - books, clothes, furniture, and more are easy items to find
* Clean out my home of unused appliances, items, clothes and donate them
* Use only natural or organic cleaning products or try making my own
* Reuse paper use by printing on both sides
* Reduce the amount of unwanted mail I receive (stop unwanted catologs, stop junk mail)